Monday, January 28, 2013

Cutting 12" Control Vinyl down to 7" Control Vinyl - Serato+Portable Turntable Set Up Update

Started this Serato+Vestax Handy Trax Portable Turntable setup project in 2010.
SEE HERE
I knew I could not have been the only one thinking of doing this.

And lo and behold I found someone else on youtube experimenting with it too.
A DJ Chilly C has also been working with the Serato+Portable Turntable setup.

We both we're inspired after watching 45 king set on two Vestax Handy Trax.


Except he ups the ante. He has made his own 7" control vinyl.
He has done this by cutting regular 12" cv down to 7" cv.

I never thought to do this. I had to hunt down a copy of Jazzman/Serato 7" CV.


This reminds me of the whole DJ Cash Money and Jazzy Jeff situation
of who created the transformer scratch. In the end both had different
variations on the same scratch technique.


Don't know what tools DJ Chilly C used to cut his CV down to 7".
But I'm gonna figure it out. :)

Here are DJ Chilly C's demo vids check em out.






1 comment:

  1. My digits.... 314-941-9145..
    Appreciate the recognition!

    ReplyDelete