Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vestex Handy Trax Portatble Turntable+Serato

Handy Trax+Serato Test
After seeing the 45king set with 45's on the Vestex Handy Trax Portable Turntable, an idea hit me. I'm guesing I'm not the only one who has thought of this or has tested this out. I had made a slipmat and plastic slip 7" size to put on the platter. Hooked the Handy Trax to serato box+mixer. Had some issues with sound at first but with some patience tinkering around with the setup menu and I was on my way to mix it up(key: put it on line in the setup menu). Handy Trax is belt drive so had to really manhandle to CV to beatmatch...it can hold a the beat with a bit of physical monitoring of the speeds. Wanna test this out at a house party/bbq etc...all i need is Handy Trax+Serato+Mixer+laptop+hard drive and a stereo system with line in and I'm in the mix. Would like to get my hands on that special 7" Serato Control Vinyl that would be ill but the regular 12" control vinyl works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment